The arts and enrichment strand of our work allows us to bring new, exciting opportunities to our learners. Creativity allows us to view and solve problems more openly and with innovation. Creativity opens the mind and can broaden perspectives. The value of this is making learning more accessible and a more enriching experience.
With this strategy, our mission is to:
Promote creative enrichment throughout Novus education delivery nationally
Engage and Empower
Enable Novus colleagues and learners to access art in all forms, across all curriculum areas, using the arts and creativity as a platform to engage and empower.
Our aim is to champion:
The arts and its value to society
The communities we work in
The learners that we support
Key objectives of our strategy:
- Continue to contribute to the strategic direction of the arts and creativity within prison education.
- Implement a creative enrichment community of practice within Novus, with a wide membership including Business Development colleagues, to drive forward access to funding and sharing of best practice.
- Embed a core creative enrichment offer in all Novus provision to support parity of opportunities for Novus learners.
- Create creative spaces through Novus’ curriculum to enhance learning opportunities.
- Provide continued opportunities and experiences which will enhance our learners’ enjoyment and understanding of the arts and creativity, which can then act as a catalyst for developing critical thinking and exploring new identities.
- Support community cohesion by showcasing creative work.
- Identify individuals and groups, working in both the community and prison arts sector, to use as a key resource to shape and deliver creative educational experiences.
- Encourage our colleagues and other professionals (e.g. HMPPS) to support the development of the arts and culture in prisons through increased continuing professional development opportunities.
If you like to read the whole strategy, our aims, motivations, and methodology, download a copy here:Creative Enrichment Strategy
News See all
Nottingham’s National Justice Museum opens new exhibition, showcasing the work of Novus learners